Foodshare's 33rd Annual Walk Against HungerThank you for joining us at Foodshare's 33rd annual Walk Against Hunger on Sunday, May 1, 2016! Click here to see pictures from the event.
Your participation helped us to raise over $30,000 for our MANNA Food Programs! Thank you!
Last year, with the support of money raised in the Walk, Hands On Hartford:
• Served nearly 30,000 meals at the MANNA Community Meals soup kitchen
• Gave away over 155,000 pounds of food at the MANNA Community Pantry
• Provided over 10,000 backpacks full of food to children in Hartford
In the words of one of our guests at Community Meals:
Thank you for the hope you give me. Thank you for the food that fills me. This place gives me so much more than just a place to eat. You all are a reminder that all is not lost, there is still good in this world. That alone helps give me the strength I need to wake up and face the world each day. Being able to focus on bettering myself because I have one less thing to worry about is only coming to fruition due to your efforts. As soon as I am on my feet I look forward to helping out here myself. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart and God has already and will continue to bless you all here.
Together, we can be a part of the movement that makes hunger history.
If you have questions about the walk, please call Kate Shafer at 860-706-1505 or email email@example.com
Other Ways you can fight hunger in the Hartford area:
- Donate to our MANNA programs
- Volunteer with an HOH program
- Spread the word about food insecurity in our community!