Foodshare's 32nd Annual Walk Against Hunger
It's hard to beleive, but Foodshare’s 32ndannual Walk Against Hunger is right around the corner! As in past years, Hands On Hartford is one of the benefiting agencies in the Walk.
Help support our food programs by starting a team and walking for Hands On Hartford!
When: Sunday, May 3, registration at 12:30 pm, walk starts at 2:00 pm
Where: The Hartford, Asylum Avenue, Hartford
Let us know you’re interested, and how many registration forms you need, and we’ll send you a kit of information to get you started. Call Kate Shafer at 860-706-1505 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also register online at www.foodsharewalk.org [please note that this is a new website address], and either form your own team or join the Hands On Hartford team. To join the Hands On Hartford team, simply click here.
Joining these efforts makes a huge difference in the lives of thousands!
Did you know that last year, with the help of money raised by Hands On Hartford walkers, we:
- Served over 30,000 meals at the MANNA Community Meals soup kitchen
- Gave away nearly 150,000 pounds of food at the MANNA Community Pantry
- Provided over 9,000 backpacks full of food to children in Hartford
Other Ways you can fight hunger in the Hartford area:
- Donate to our MANNA programs
- Volunteer with an HOH program
- Spread the word about food insecurity in our community!