By the time we celebrate our 50th anniversary as a leader in the City of Hartford, Hands On Hartford will have a new home to support our programs and our partnerships. For the first time in our history, we will join together in one location to better serve our neighbors and to deepen our impact on the community.
A central location will allow us to more effectively connect program participants, volunteers and community partners with each other and with the resources they seek.
Why move? Why now?
• Better integrated, more convenient and more cohesive services
• An array of opportunities for those who need help and those who want to help
• Operational efficiencies to ensure a sustainable future
• Room to grow current and future programs to reach more people, more comprehensively and to more beneficial effect
• Opportunity to provide needed supportive/affordable independent housing
• On-site Volunteer Action Center to strengthen community through shared experience and education
Connecting with Community
• Parkville offers a vibrant, welcoming neighborhood and a gateway into the City of Hartford
• Easily accessible to the entire Hartford community by car and public transportation (including CT Fastrak) with plenty of on-site parking
• Opportunity to preserve and re-purpose two historic Hartford buildings