Frequently Asked Questions
How To Videos...
- How to register on this site and manage your volunteer account
- How to search and sign up for volunteer opportunties
- How to create and manage a volunteer team
- I forgot my username. How do I retrieve that information?
- I forgot my password. How do I retrieve that information?
- Do I have to have an e-mail address to register?
- I am a court-ordered volunteer. Can I serve my hours with Hands On hartford?
- I want to volunteer with my group. How do we get started? How do we find appropriate volunteer opportunities?
- I am a youth volunteer. How do I get started? How old do I have to be to register on this website?
- I want to volunteer with my family. How do we get started? How do we find appropriate volunteer opportunities?
- I have been waitlisted. Now what?
- My hours are not accurate. Why are my hours not showing up?
- I signed up for a Volunteer Opportunity and now I cannot make it. How do I remove myself from a project?
These videos are provided by the National HandsOn Connect team and the contents therein may not be applicable to every aspect of this website. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a HandsOn Hartford representive should be in contact with you within 3 to 5 business days.
Click the 'LOGIN' button on the top right of the home page. Enter your username and click 'Forgot password?' an e-mail with a temporary password will be sent to you.
Yes. Our website uses your e-mail address to identify you and send you important information about any opportuntiies you sign up for. If you do not have an e-mail account, you can get one free of charge from www.yahoo.com or www.gmail.com. Free internet access is also available from most public libraries.
Unfortunately we are not able to handle court ordered volunteers. However, we have provided a list of sites that, to the best of our knowledge, handle Court Ordered Volunteers (pdf) . Please note, we are not affiliated with any of these service sites.
Please visit our Group Volunteer Resources Page. The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
Please visit our Youth And Family Volunteering Page . The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
Please visit our Youth And Family Volunteering Page. The questions above are answered on this page as well as others you may have.
When (and if) a space opens up, you will be notified via e-mail. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis so if you are still available and interested for the volunteer opportunity, make sure you login, return to the sign-in page and claim one of the open spaces. DO NOT JUST SHOW UP FOR THE PROJECT.
Please give the volunteer Team Leader one week to verify attendance. However, should it take longer than one week for your hours to show up on your Account Overview page, simply click the 'Request Hours' link for the opportunity you served, in your Volunteer History box.
We ask that volunteers remove themselves from a project at least three days prior to the opportunity. Doing so is easy enough, visit your 'My Account' tab in the horizontal navigation bar and in the Upcoming Opportunities box, click the 'Remove Me' link for the corresponding opportunity.
Please contact us directly at (860)-728-3201 ex 2021 if you need to withdraw from an opportunity with less than three days notice. Please understand that our serivce sites and clients depend on volunteers. We reserve the right to decline future volunteer requests from volunteers that do not show for volunteer opportunities or who frequently cancel beyond the withdrawl deadline.
Please see the Become a Partner Organization page
If you have any questions not answered on this page, or need further clarification please e-mail us at email@example.com